Day 1 : Railway Heritage
- A city this steeped in railway history, it's no wonder there exists not one but two railway museums. Start your day off at the Elgin County Railway Museum with a tour. This impressive facility is located inside an old railway machine shop, and houses some of the biggest artifacts around!
- Once you're finished at the Railway Museum, pop over to the CASO Station across the way, home of the North American Railway Hall of Fame. Walk the halls of this heritage train station (the largest of its kind in North America!) and use this self guided tour to navigate.
Day 2 : Explore Further
- This is for the railway enthusiast! Want to delve even deeper and explore all the remnants of railway history in St. Thomas? Use our Railway Experience Guide to help you find your way!
- PRO TIP: At the end of a busy day, stop by Railway City Brewing for a pint and a little more history!
- Download Railway Experience Guide here.
Day 3 : Beyond the Rail
- St. Thomas' boom time came during the heyday of rail - but there is a lot more to this little city than that! Take an afternoon, and pick up a guide or use the web versions below, to explore two incredible heritage districts, filled with towering oaks, magnolias, and heritage properties that'll be sure to impress.
- BONUS! Explore the history in St. Thomas and beyond using the Elgin County Heritage Guide here.